Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Ultimate Salad Recipe

Hey There!

So today I thought I'd make a food post because well, food. We all love it and personally I really enjoy coming up with simple new recipes that I can just throw together in under 15 minutes. 

Seeing as summer is coming up soon, and I want to look my best in a bikini, I have been trying out a lot of healthy recipes. And whilst I've been seeing a lot of healthy food blogs around, a lot of them use ingredients that the majority of us will not find in our fridge or the nearest convenience store. 
So I've been experimenting the salad and as of today, we have a winner!

The bacon, egg and tomato salad! 
(Yes it has bacon in it, which instantly makes it amazing. And yes it is still healthy because there isn't that much bacon involved)

You will need:

  • Wild rocket salad
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 strips streaky bacon (or as I like to call it, the only bacon that should be produced)
  • 1/2 a small cucumber
  • 1 tomato
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
The ingredients are extremely simple and easy to find, and perfect for those on a budget

Method: 

  1. Start off by boiling an egg. Fill a saucepan with just enough water to cover the egg, put it on the stove and allow it to boil. I like my eggs just slightly undercooked - enough for it to be cut and placed in a salad, but not fully hardboiled. My trick for that is, once the water is boiling, allow it boil for 6-7 minutes before placing the egg in ice-cold water to stop it from cooking and allowing it to cool. 
  2. Meanwhile, cut up the bacon into small pieces. Place it in a frying pan with no oil/butter and let it cook to your liking. Me, I like it crispy. Once it is cooked, place the bacon pieces on a paper towel and dab it to soak up the extra fat
  3. Cut up the tomatoes and the cucumber into small pieces
  4. Take a bowl, and cover the bottom with rocket leaves. Then, add your tomatoes and cucumber. Then, sprinkle the bacon bits. 
  5. Once your egg has cooled down, cut it into strips and lay it on top of your salad
  6. Coat with olive oil and season to taste
And tada! The ultimate salad. So delicious you'll want to make it everyday. 


Until Next Time, 
Sofia xx

2 comments:

  1. omg I am so with you about streaky bacon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you have no idea how hard it is to find good streaky bacon here in the UK! it's an endless struggle :(

      Delete