Saturday, February 21, 2015

5 Morning Habits to Motivate You For The Day

Hey There!
We all have those days where we wake up and just don't have the desire to do anything that day. I get it - I go through that at least once a week. And sure, we all deserve to have a lazy Sunday once in while where we can spend the day in our PJ's, eat Ben and Jerry's and watch embarrassing amounts of Netflix. And you shouldn't feel guilty about that - we've all been there. 
But what about the rest of the time? 
How can we motivate ourselves to be productive on days where nothing seems to be working in our favour? 
I've recently been working on ways to start the day off on a positive, energetic note and come up with a few useful techniques. Now, these may not work for everyone, but they've worked for me, so why not give it a try?  

1. Make a list of things you want to accomplish the night before.
Keep this list short and relatively simple, and don't forget to include some things to look forward to, whether it is meet up with a friend for coffee, or have a nice hot bath with a bath bomb from Lush. I like to decorate mine with some pretty drawings and leave it by my bed so I can look at it as soon as I wake up. This will keep you on schedule and motivate you to get more done. 

2.  Keep a glass of water by your bed. 

A cold refreshing drink in the morning will provide you with energy as well as helping you rehydrate yourself before you even get out of bed. For me, I feel like this really helps me wake up faster and get my mind focused on getting on with the rest of my morning ritual. 

3. Spend the first few minute lying in bed without checking your phone or laptop. 

I've been there - reaching for my phone to check for any messages, Facebook notifications and Instagram updates before I've even fully opened my eyes. Try to stop yourself from doing that and spend a few minutes just thinking about what the day will bring you. Allow yourself to wake up properly and think about the simple things before diving head first into the whirlpool of social media. You have all day to do that - treasure those simple morning moments. 

4. Think of 5 reasons to be happy that day. 

This sounds super cheesy, I'm aware. But it really works. I've been doing this for a week or so and this really puts me in a better mood. Rather than thinking of all the deadlines I have to meet, the dreaded gym session I have to drag myself to, I like to think of all the things that make me happy. It can be absolutely anything - that warm bowl of porridge I will be having for breakfast, or the fact that it's finally sunny outside, or perhaps writing a new blogpost. (That was one of mine this morning)

5. Take a few moments to stretch once you're out of bed. 

Whilst a couple of nice thoughts can get your mind going in the morning, the way to get the body working is a nice quick stretch. During the night, our bodies can get all stiff, especially if you haven't slept right. It only takes a couple of minutes to reawaken our muscles.

I hope that these tips can help some of you, and make those mornings less "ugh" and more "yay"!
What are some of your morning rituals that help you get on with the day? Let me know down in the comments!

Until Next Time, 

Sofia xx

4 comments:

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really means a lot! I remember coming across your blog recently and thinking how great it is! I look forward to seeing more of your posts :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy this post!! I looove to sleep, that´s way it´s very difficult for me to wake up, i am trying to be a morning person so i will try this habits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I completely understand you, I am terrible at waking up in the mornings :) Hope these work for you!

      Delete