Sunday, February 15, 2015

50 Shades of Red | Finding The Perfect Red Lipstick

Hey There!
So today I thought I'd write a post on finding the perfect red lipstick. 
Finding the perfect shade can be difficult, especially considering how many options there are out there: the blood red, the cherry red, the burgundy, the matte, the glossy...
But a red lipstick can really enhance your makeup look and add a pop of colour when you need it. This is especially relevant in the winter months where amongst the darkness and the greyness of the surroundings all you really want is that splash of colour. 
Now, I am very pale in the winter months, and that's when I wear my red lipstick the most. I feel like it contrasts well with the white slate that is my skin. 
In the summer, I tend to go for lighter colours and more natural looks. But if I do feel like spicing up the look a little bit, a bright red is my best friend.

So below I will show you some of my all-time favourite shades. 

  1. MAC's matte lipstick "Diva"
Ok, so this one is an absolute winner for me. I spent the longest time searching for a dark red lipstick colour that is matte, stays on well and doesn't smudge. Diva does all of those things and looks great with a light eye-makeup and a natural contouring. 



2. NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in No. 704 "Flamboyant Red"

This one makes the list mainly because of its colour payoff and its easy application. It is a bright glossy colour, but it does smudge quite easily. 





3. Lancome Colour Lip Fever in No. 120 "Red en Vogue" 

This is one of my oldest red lipsticks, and I still absolutely love it! The colour is rich, a very "true" red. It looks amazing paired with with a neutral eye makeup and a peachy blush. 




4. NYX Round Case Lipstick in No. 545 "Hero" 

This one is a little bit different to the rest of the lipsticks in this post. It is more of a berry red, rather than a true red, and I came across it when I was trying to find the perfect dark red colour (See MAC Diva above). Although this wasn't quite the colour I expected judging by the packaging, I grew to love it!







So there it is - my top 4 red lipsticks!
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and that it helped some of you discover your perfect shade!
Let me know your top picks in the comments!

Until next time,
Sofia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment