Thursday, March 12, 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review

Hey there!
So I have been seeing reviews of this mascara literally everywhere, and it's been getting some fairly positive reviews!
So when I realised I was running out of mascara (and that's a serious emergency for someone with blonde eyelashes), I decided to pay the Benefit counter a little visit. 
I was feeling a little sceptical about it at first because I usually don't go for over-publicised makeup items as I feel like usually they tend to be overrated. Plus, over the years I've found a number of favourites that I just keep coming back to time and time again.
But I decided to be brave and branch out a little

So here is my review of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.


The mascara is relatively pricy at ‎£19.50 in the UK, however it corresponds with regular benefit prices. For a good quality mascara that will last you quite a long time it is a fairly reasonable price.
The mascara claims to be able to replace eyelash curlers by giving your eyelashes a visible lift, whilst curling them and visually opening the eyes. 


The wand is quite a small one, with a slight curve and silicone bristles. This is the main reason I was unsure about the mascara - I tend to prefer thicker brushes with bristles. But hey, I'm all about trying new things lately. The curve seemed to be perfect for the effect the mascara claimed to offer - lift and curl. 

So here is a demonstration of the mascara on my lashes. I naturally do not have very thick or long lashes so the mascara makes a fairly visible difference. 




This is the result of applying 2 coats of mascara. I feel like it does curl them a fair amount, whilst giving them some thickness and lift. 
I do wish it separated the lashes a little better, but since that's not one of the claims Benefit makes for it I can't blame them. Just a personal criticism. 
For everyday wear, it is dramatic enough to wear on its own without eyeliner, but paired with nice eye-makeup it would make a great evening look as well. 
I will definitely continue using the mascara, and see if it wins my heart over completely. For now though, I do think it is money well spent as it does what it promises you and seems to stay on for a long period of time (which is very important if your lifestyle is anything like mine and involves being out and about most of the day). 

What do you think? Does it do what the package promises? Will you be buying the mascara any time soon too? 
Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time, 
Sofia xx

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this mascara and it didn't smudge after a few hours which was great. My only issue is that my tube dried up pretty quickly I don't know if this is just because it's a sample?

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasts me all day as well, so good!
      Hmm that's not good, I've only had mine for a few days and hopefully it won't dry up! Will do an update if that happens :)

      Delete
  2. I've read a lot of good reviews about this too... i really think i need to pick it up when pay day comes around! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete